Survey Party Chief
We have a great team of welcoming, experienced and professional individuals. We strive to encourage employees to be their best. Since 1997, Byrd Surveying has been providing Surveying services across Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. We are seeking a Survey Party Chief for its Murfreesboro office. Candidates will be providing leadership for the field crew, collecting field data, and transferring the field data to the office in a precise and concise manner.
Successful candidate will be:
- Assisting the Project Manager in planning, coordinating, and controlling field operations for projects
- Reporting to the Project Manager each morning and afternoon for job status and assignments
- Performing various types of surveys utilizing robotic total stations and GPS methods
- Making sure time sheets are filled out daily with correct job number and detail of the work done
- Reporting any defective equipment that need repair
- Reporting any accidents or damage to the Project Manager and/or Supervisor
- Getting service orders daily’s signed on the day the work is performed and turning them into the Project Manager/Supervisor
- Ensuring that the surveying assistant prepared the necessary field equipment, field supplies, and safety equipment to perform the day’s tasks are in the truck and operating properly
- Reporting any problems with crew members to the Project Manager
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 2 year surveying experience as a crew chief
- Must understand mapping concepts • Must have ability to work outdoors
- Must have experience with GPS and Survey Pro/ Carlson software
- Health Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Salary based on experience and credentials
Job Type: Full-time
Please forward your resume to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Byrd Surveying is an equal opportunity employer.